Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Merlin

Hello,

I thought I should properly introduce you to my cat Merlin.


He is the newest member of my family; we rescued him from the local animal shelter in March this year. If you have ever been to an animal shelter you know how hard it is to leave all the other animals behind and to just pick only one. My boyfriend and I would like to get a dog in the future when we have a bigger place to live and right now being in an apartment we thought we should probably only get one cat. I feel as though he picked us in a way. When we went to his cage he was very cute and little shy compared to the other cats around him. I asked if we could take him out of the cage to have a better look and he just came up to both of us and licked us. It was the most adorable thing! He let us pick him up and just started to purr! I knew right then that he was for us. Since that day we have never had a boring moment in our household! Yes he is adorable and cute but he's also very playful! When we got him, the vet guessed he was only around 12 months old and he was just left outside the animal shelter. Very sad when you think about it but I'm happy we were able to give him a loving home.

Merlin is still shy at first when you get to know him but after a while he warms up to you. He's kind of like my little shadow; he follows me around the house where ever I go.
The only down side is that he's a morning bird! He likes to be up first thing in the morning (5:30 to 6am!) We are trying to get him to sleep in until we get up for work but it's tough.

 So here he is, just thought you should know this little fella if he's going to be popping up in my blogs!

Also if you have any animals or blog posts on your pets, please let me know! I would love to have a look :)

Till next time,

B & Merlin.

No comments: